Erik Ten Hag makes funny Anfield comments as Man United target first Anfield win in 7 years

Manchester United's manager Erik Ten Hag is looking forward to his first trip to Anfield, as his side will visit Jurgen Klopp's men in their next Premier League fixture.
 

The Red Devils manager appears fired up and excited for the rivalry clash with Liverpool on Sunday and will be hoping to get the best result against Jurgen Klopp's side, who have kept five clean sheets in their last six games.
 

Speaking during his press conference on Friday, the Dutch tactician indicated his players are prepared and will be full of confidence when they line up against Liverpool at Anfield. He also made a funny comment about the possibility of the Red Devils picking up their first win in seven years on Liverpool's turf.
 

when asked if his players have the belief they could win a game at Anfield for the first time in seven years. "Yes, but I think we had also away from home some good performances," he replied.
 

"For me, there's no difference." The pitch, everywhere, is the same size. There are three [officials] refereeing and a fourth [official]. The ball is round; there's air in the ball. So we have to play and make it our game."
 

"Of course we know the ambiance will not be supporting us, and you have to deal with that." But as I said, our players like that. "They like playing in such atmospheres," the 53-year-old stated.
 

"I've been to Anfield, yes. I'm looking forward to it, and I know the ambience and the atmosphere will be great. "It will be hostile toward us, and we like it."
 

The manager also stressed how his team's "monster mentality" compares to Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool and highlighted that the leaders amongst his players helped them be better on the pitch.
 

"I think our mentality in general is very good." I think we have many leaders who set the mentality, who set the standards, who control the standards, and who correct if necessary. "I think we are happy with this process, but we can always be better, and that has to be the approach."
 

The manager is excited to be heading to Anfield; he has played against Jurgen Klopp's side on their home turf in the UEFA Champions League while he was manager at FC Ajax and has indicated that he knows what to expect when they play Liverpool in front of the Kop crowd on Sunday.


"I've been to Anfield, yes. I'm looking forward to it, and I know the ambience and the atmosphere will be great. "It will be hostile toward us, and we like it."
 

"It is, of course, a test." But we're facing Liverpool, and we're really looking forward to it. I know these players, my squad, and my team will be prepared to go and fight, to go with confidence, but we know it's going to be difficult. "We know we have to suffer and sacrifice to get a good result," he explained.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post