Alejandro Gernacho and Marcus Rashford posts emotional Instagram messages after FA Cup defeat

Marcus Rashford, a star for Manchester United, is determined to bounce back 'even stronger next season' after losing to Manchester City in the FA Cup final.

At Wembley, the Red Devils fell to rivals Man City 2-1 despite Ilkay Gundogan's superb brace.


Despite missing out on a domestic double, Rashford is pleased with the development United has made this year.

On Instagram, he wrote:" This game meant everything to us today, but it wasn’t meant to be.” 

“It’s clear to see progress has been made over the season, but we still have to keep improving and come back even stronger next season.”

Alejandro Gernacho also sent a message on Instagram after playing a part in the Red Devils 2-1 loss to Man City on Saturday afternoon.

"I am broken," Garnacho posted on Instagram. "People who know me know how obsessed I am with winning, and today it couldn’t be."

"Probably one of the hardest days of my life, we will get up again because we are Manchester United."

"As he said several times, God has taught me to never give up and I promise to the fans that we will bring joy to you very soon."

Ian Wright says Ten Hag made a selection mistake in United’s FA Cup final defeat and ‘definitely’ should have started Garnacho.

‘I thought we would see more from Manchester United,’ Wright said.

‘They improved after Garnacho came on and he definitely should have started the game for me. He proved he had a little bit more thrust about him.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post