Erik Ten Hag confirms Amad Diallo's Old Trafford future amid FA Cup final attendance rumors

Amad will be in Erik Ten Hag's plans for the upcoming season, the actor has stated.

Amad, 20, has made just nine senior games despite being recruited by former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in 2021 after moving from Atlanta.

The youthful Ivorian has thus been loaned away after struggling to establish himself as a regular first-team member for the Red Devils.

He played with Rangers for the second half of the previous season before joining Sunderland right away for the current one, where he has played his greatest football.

In addition to his 13 goals in the Championship, Amad's incredible goal against Preston North End last week helped the Black Cats advance to the semifinals, where they will now play Luton Town.


Following his impressive individual season, Ten Hag has discussed what his young winger might have in store for the upcoming season.

According to the Manchester Evening News, when asked by media on Friday if Amad will be a part of his plans for the upcoming season, Ten Hag responded as follows: "Yes, of course, we loan such players to make development and make progress to bring them back, that is the aim of the loan."

“So we are really strong with them, we mentor them, we follow them, we have communication over the season, especially (technical director) Darren Fletcher invests a lot in such processes, the aim is to bring them back but as a better player with experience.”

A recent story said that Manchester United wants Amad to attend their FA Cup final against rivals Manchester City next month, despite the fact that he will be concentrating on helping Sunderland get promoted back to the Premier League.


"I haven’t shown my best for them yet, but I hope next season I can return and prove my talent," he added. "My dream is to play regular football at Manchester United. I know [my transfer] was a lot of money, but I didn’t really think about that."

"There’s no reason to worry about things you can’t influence. I was so happy to sign for Manchester United: it’s a club with a massive history, famous all around the world.

"I remember my first training session after I joined: I was very nervous; there were some huge stars in the dressing room and I was looking around thinking, ‘Wow, I can’t believe I’m here’," those were the words of the Ivorian winger in interview in march after scoring his 9th goal of the season. 

However, last weekend he stated he wouldn't mind returning to Stadium of Light and feature of Tony Mowbray's Sunderland again next season.

"Playing against Luton [in the play-offs] is very hard but I hope we’ll be in the Premier League next season and maybe I’ll come back, I don’t know," he told reporters.

"We are happy to win the game. We are focused on the play-off and I hope maybe we will be in the Premier [League]."





Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post