"it was quite obvious"- Erik Ten Hag backs Raphael Varane's comments about discipline in the team's dressing room

Manchester United manager Erik Ten Hag has backed Raphael Varane's comments about being disciplined as one of the key factors that have helped the Red Devils turn their season around.
 

The Red Devils started off the season in the most chaotic way possible; they lost their opening day Premier League fixture against Brighton Albion at Old Trafford before getting disgraced by Brentford in London one week later.
 
 
They have embarked on a fantastic run, which has seen them lift their first silverware in six years and the first under Erik Ten Hag. Raphael Varane says it was Erik Ten Hag that changed the mentality among the Manchester United squad after his arrival.
 

“I think first of all, it’s the confidence,” Varane explained.
 
“Secondly, I think it’s the discipline." "I think tactically we are following the rules exactly, and we know exactly how we want to play and manage the game."
 

“I think there is quality in the squad, with a little bit more experience and the mentality of competition and a winning mentality."
 

“We already improved a lot, and that’s maybe the difference between this season and the last seasons," the four-time Champions League winner stated.
 

Erik Ten Hag, during his press conference on Friday afternoon ahead of Manchester United's clash with Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday, as well agreed with the France international about discipline being one of the deciding factors that makes a good team when it helps get results. The manager was asked if he noted a lack of discipline in Manchester United's dressing room upon his arrival, despite the talents available.
 

"It was," he affirmed.
 

"I don't have to lie about it." But top players like structure. "They like structure on the pitch, but you also need some rules, and I think it's obvious in every organization -- and you are all also in organizations -- that when there are no rules, when there is no discipline in taking the rules seriously, you get a mess."


 
"You get a mess everywhere." not only in the football team but also in the broadcasting stations where you are working or the newspapers where you are working. It's the same. "It's quite obvious what you get because you see the trade on the pitch and what's going on," he explained.
 

The manager also stated he is aware of the intense rivalry between Manchester United and their Sunday opponent, and he is expecting a difficult game against Jurgen Klopp's men.
 

"I know.  I know.  I've seen the games between Liverpool and Manchester United. I've been there, and I know what's going on there. I have already been in many hostile stadiums, but this will probably be the worst. "But I have been in other situations too that are really hostile, so I know what's going on there and I'm really looking forward, and my players are the same," he said.
 

"I am aware of it. I know what a rivalry is, and I know that the biggest rivalry for us is Liverpool. "We are totally aware of it."
 
 
"Definitely.  "We need a strong mentality on Sunday if you want to win this game, yeah," he stated.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post