18 year old expresses disappointment due to injury as teammates rally support on Instagram

Manchester United's teenager Alejandro Gernacho has taken to Instagram to announce how unhappy he is as he is set out for a lengthy period on the sidelines due to injury.
 
Following a bad tackle from Southampton's Kyle Walker-Peters that ended his afternoon on Sunday, it appears the Argentine is set for a long layoff from action. While confirming he will not be playing any part in Manchester United's next two games via Instagram, he also noted he has withdrawn from the Argentine national team.
 
"It is difficult to put into words how I'm feeling right now," he wrote.
 

"Unfortunately, I will not be able to help my team and team-mates in the upcoming games, which are a very important part of the season for us at Manchester United.
 
"I am disappointed to also miss the opportunity to be with my team-mates on the Argentina national team, in what would have been a great and proud moment for me and my family."
 
"This is part of football and our profession," he continued. "However, I am already focused on my recovery. God has taught me to never give up, and I will make sure I am back stronger than ever!"
 
Kyle Walker-Peters has since sent him a message of support on Monday morning, wishing the winger a speedy recovery. His Manchester United teammates have all rallied their support for the 18-year-old.
 
Christian Eriksen posted three biceps emojis, while Facundo Pellistri commented, "Let's go up, little bro!" You're a "crack"! "You will come back stronger."
 
Goalkeeper David De Gea also chimed in, saying, "Tranquillity and recovery."
 
It wasn't just United players who commented on the post, though; Argentina international Leandro Paredes, with whom Lisandro Martinez lifted the 2022 World Cup, shared his support for his young compatriot too.
 
Manchester United are yet to confirm how long the young winger will be out, but it's rumored to be a lengthy layoff, which will be a hard disappointment to the player, the fans, and the club.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post