Wout Weghorst names one regret about his six months loan at Man United

Wout Weghorst, a loanee from Manchester United, has identified his lack of goals as the only disappointment during his time with the team.

Weghorst spent the first part of the season on loan from Besiktas before joining the Reds from Championship champion Burnley in January. The forward was added to the team to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo.



Immediately after a contentious interview with Piers Morgan, Ronaldo left Old Trafford. Weghorst has had trouble scoring goals since joining, totaling just two.

The 30-year-old acknowledged that this was inadequate when reflecting on his time in Manchester. He spoke to MUTV:"[I'm] proud, first of all, I'm still really, really proud and thankful that I'm playing for this amazing club, big club, the most beautiful club in England."

"For me, it’s a great experience so far. The [FA Cup] final is coming now, so I’m definitely hungry to make the ending of the season amazing."

"I’ve enjoyed it from the first minute since I’ve been here. I've really tried to give my all in every match I've played, in every minute I've had.

"It doesn’t matter which position it is. I always give my best."

"Of course, for me as a striker, only two goals is not enough. It’s not good. That's just the only thing for me that's disappointing, because I know I'm capable to do it."

Due to a hamstring injury, Anthony Martial will miss the FA Cup final on Saturday. Weghorst might be able to increase the number of goals he has, but it's unlikely that he will start.

The Dutch striker acknowledged he will give it his all if given a chance to play in the Wembley championship game.

When discussing his involvement in the Emirates FA Cup final game, Weghorst continued, "I scored a lot in the past, but all the other areas of the football contribution, in assisting with the team pressure and work ethic, link-up play, I think I've developed myself there again and I could help the team and be essential for them."

"Let's keep the goal for Saturday. Let's do it that way."

"So let’s believe in it and let’s make it a really positive week and fully believe that Saturday is going to be our day and maybe also going to be my day and just believe in it. Hopefully we can create a nice memory again."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post