"Marcus can beat me in 20 metres"- Usain Bolt speaks on racing against Marcus Rashford

Usain Bolt one of the World's fastest Athlete and a die hard Manchester United fan has made an admission which would raise Old Trafford faithfuls eyebrows regarding Marcus Rashford.

Usain Bolt who has been spotted at some Manchester United's games this season and as well as meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson, Erik Ten Hag and Marcus Rashford claimed that Manchester United's top scorer this season would beat him on the track in a 20 meters race.



During a Q&A session with the club's media, via manutd.com, the retired Jamaican Sprinter and world record holder in the 100 metres, 200 metres, and 4 × 100 metres relay claimed that Marcus Rashford would beat him in a 20 metres race.

When asked who was the fastest in Manchester United's squad, the Jamaican replied "“I think Rashy should be the quickest.”

“I think Rashy might have me over 20 metres, max maybe 30, because as footballers you train to be really quick, explosive. But not further than that," Usain Bolt replied whilst laughing at the question, how long would a race have to be before you couldn't beat Marcus Rashford?

Renowned for his blistering pace on the football pitch, Marcus Rashford is amongst the top speedsters in the English Premier League but it's a big doubt he will be anywhere near the greatest Sprinter of all time in a track race.

Marcus Rashford has been incredible this season scoring 29 times across all competition, something Usain Bolt regards as one of the reasons Manchester United have experience a wonderful season under Erik Ten Hag.

According to him, when asked about the top performers in United's squad this season he replied “For me, it’s Casemiro and Rashy – he’s really, really done well. De Gea has made a lot of great saves, I have to say. He kept us in a lot of games. So I must say those are the three players that stand out. And Martinez, I think, also has really brought a different energy to the defence.”

He then sent a message of encouragement to the Manchester United's squad "Just sacrificing and understanding that you have a lot of games, and it’s going to be a lot more pressure."

"Now’s the time to buckle down. When I was competing, my coach would call me and say, “Listen, these three months are very important. Stay in, go to bed early.” Just sacrifice as much time to focus on my craft. So I think if they really come together as a team and all of them sacrifice the time and try to get as much rest as possible, try to recover from all the games, then we are going to be on the right track.”

Regarding meeting with Erik Ten Hag, he stated he was able to thank the former Ajax boss for his good works at Old Trafford.

"The first thing I said to him was thank you. I was like, 'Thank you,' and I shook his hand. And he was like, 'Thank you for what?' I was like, 'Bringing the glory days back.' For the past couple of years it’s been a tough ask for the players and the team, and there’s been ups and downs."

"So the fact that now we can see us stabilising out and going forward and going up – it’s brilliant. All I was trying to say was just thank you, I appreciate him, and just to continue what he’s doing.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post