Amad Diallo wants Sunderland second spell while United lead race for Monaco's Venderson

Right-back Vanderson of AS Monaco has been linked to Manchester United and Barcelona.

Both teams are anticipated to be searching for a new right-back. Erik ten Hag has seen Diogo Dalot and Aaron Wan-Bissaka develop, but the manager will set higher expectations for the upcoming campaign.

Dalot has been mentioned in connection with Barcelona recently, but of our two right-backs, he is the least likely to depart.

Following his arrival from Gremio in Monaco in January 2022, Vanderson, 21, has displayed a lot of promise. Sport (H/t Sport Witness) claims that United are in the running to sign Vanderson, but Barcelona must raise the necessary finances to complete such a deal.

The report also states that Monaco is prepared to part with the Brazilian. The main distinction that Vanderson would have over Dalot and Wan-Bissaka is that he plays more like a wing-back.


Amad Diallo hints at Sunderland return

Since joining Sunderland on a temporary basis in August of last year, the 20-year-old has distinguished himself as one of the club's top players, tallying 13 goals in 37 league games.

Sunderland defeated Preston 3-0 on Sunday, and Diallo scored again to enable the Black Cats advance to the Championship Playoffs where they will face Luton Town.

Diallo, who was acquired by United in a 2021 £37 million move from Atalanta, will have a chance to wow Erik ten Hag this summer, according to Sunderland manager Tony Mowbray.

Diallo, though, is not completely ruling out the possibility of returning to Sunderland for a second stint.

"Playing against Luton is very hard but I hope we’ll be in the Premier League next season and maybe I’ll come back, I don’t know,’ Diallo said after Sunderland’s win over Preston on the final day of the Championship on Sunday.

Luke O'Nien, a center back for Sunderland, lauded the contribution Diallo has made since joining the team last summer.

"I said it the other day to someone, the day he came in the standards he’s raised just in terms of what he does on the ball is incredible," O’Nien told Sky Sports.

"Thank you, man. You’ve still got a job to do but he’s been incredible. We love him and I know the fans love him as well."

This latest development, contradicts, the Ivorian's statement a couple of months ago where he underlined his desire to come back to Old Trafford and fight for his place.

Amad revealed his goals after returning to United, but he still has one eye on the future. He told FourFourTwo: "I haven't played at my best for them [United] yet, but I hope I can come back next season and show my skill. My ultimate goal is to play regularly for Manchester United."

The young player, who named Anthony Elanga and Bruno Fernandes as his two best friends in Manchester, may look forward to meeting them when he rejoins the Red Devils after bidding farewell to his Sunderland teammates.

"Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani were [United players when I signed] and it was fantastic to meet them," he told FourFourTwo. "I have a good friendship with Pogba, and also with Bruno Fernandes and Anthony Elanga. They all made me feel welcome."

"I haven’t shown my best for them yet, but I hope next season I can return and prove my talent," he added. "My dream is to play regular football at Manchester United. I know [my transfer] was a lot of money, but I didn’t really think about that."

"There’s no reason to worry about things you can’t influence. I was so happy to sign for Manchester United: it’s a club with a massive history, famous all around the world.

"I remember my first training session after I joined: I was very nervous; there were some huge stars in the dressing room and I was looking around thinking, ‘Wow, I can’t believe I’m here’."





Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post