Erik Ten Hag is reportedly opportuned to sanction 'rebel' Dean Henderson's sale in next summer transfer window

Prior to the summer transfer window, Manchester United has already been contacted by other teams regarding a possible deal for Dean Henderson.

The 26-year-old Dean Henderson, a graduate of the Manchester United academy, has only made a few appearances for the senior team and has spent the bulk of his career on loan away from Old Trafford. The highly regarded goalkeeper, who had the opportunity to speak with Erik ten Hag last summer after the Dutchman's hiring, passed it up and is now on loan at Nottingham Forest. 

Dean Henderson is slated to return to Manchester United at the conclusion of the current season, but there are clubs interested in giving the England international a long-term departure.

Two teams have reportedly spoken about acquiring Henderson on a permanent basis, and United could profit if David de Gea signs a new deal as anticipated in the near future.


Henderson's deal runs through 2025, so the summer transfer window might be the best moment to sell. Henderson turned down the chance to return to Old Trafford in January after speaking with Ten Hag on the phone.

Dean Henderson was pretty critical of the team's "criminal" treatment of him after his season-long switch to Nottingham Forest earlier in the season, so it stands to reason that the chance to sign a long-term contract with another club would be appealing. He admitted last year that he had made up his mind to avoid talking to Ten Hag so that the former Ajax manager couldn't convince him to back off De Gea like he had done under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

He said in August, speaking to talkSPORT:  "I didn't want the manager to come in and be able to see me in training. I knew he'd probably want to keep me, so I tried to do it all before I left for the season. I told all the hierarchy I need to go and play football, I don't want to be here playing second fiddle.

"It was all planned out. I was almost gone before the manager came through the door and I haven't spoken to him since. To be honest with you, it's probably been the toughest 12 months of my career. It's been tough, it's been hard and I'm so happy I've got out the other end of it. I'm so excited to be here and ready to go."

After ousting De Gea in the final months of the 2020–21 season, Dean Henderson claimed he was promised he would become the club's No. 1 goalie after Euro 2020. However, Solskjaer later broke his promise.
 

"It was frustrating because I turned down so many good loans last summer for that reason and they wouldn't let me go," he continued.


"So, it was frustrating. To sit there and waste 12 months, it's criminal really at my age."

The 26-year-old's injury has kept him out for months, so Nottingham Forest was forced to acquire Keylor Navas from Paris Saint-Germain on loan to fill the void left by the England international. Dean Henderson, whose future at Manchester United will be decided at the conclusion of the season, is scheduled to return for Nottingham Forest in three weeks but may be sold to raise money.

 A permanent transfer has been discussed between two clubs, according to sports journalist Laurie Whitwell. And if Manchester United decides to let Dean Henderson go, Tottenham Hotspur is reportedly interested in acquiring him this summer. 

This summer, Man United is also seeking to add another keeper. The team is interested in Diogo Costa of Porto and David Raya of Brentford.









Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post