"it's a dream come true"- 16 year old Welsh striker opens up about life at Man United

Gabriele Biancheri, a teenage phenomenon at Manchester United, called his move from Cardiff "a dream come true."

The 16-year-old was signed by United for a six-figure sum and enrolled on a scholarship at Old Trafford. Once he turns 17, United wants to offer him a professional contract.



In March, Biancheri made his debut for the Under-18s and scored after only four minutes. With five minutes left in the game, Biancheri, who was listed as a substitute, entered the game and gave his team a 3-1 lead.

Using their inside information, United saw Bianerchi as a vital player. Between July 2021 and July 2022, David Hughes, who is currently a development coach at the Reds, managed Cardiff's academy.

Binacheri is away competing in the Under-17 UEFA European Championships with the Wales team. Even while he acknowledges there have been "difficult moments," the young man has since looked back on the move a few months later and called it a "dream come true."

"It's gone really well. There have been a couple of difficult moments, like leaving home, not being with my family, moving houses, moving away from my friends," he said of the move to the FAW's Red Wall+ channel. 

"But this is what I've always wanted, to play for a team like Man United, it's a dream come true."

"To qualify for Wales, if you had said at the start of the Croatia camp, we'd be where we are now. Wow."

After announcing his move to United in February, Biancheri shared an emotional farewell to Cardiff City.

In a tweet, he wrote: "After more than nine years, my time with Cardiff has come to an end.

"I’d like to thank all of my coaches for helping me become the player and person I am today and to all my teammates. I’ll forever be thankful for the opportunity I’ve had at this club."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post