Harry Maguire has been issued social media advice due to fans criticisms

Harry Maguire recently criticized his detractors and said he didn't need to back them up at this level.

The Manchester United skipper, however, seems to be feeling the effects of the widespread criticism on social media.

The English center-back "focuses too much," according to ESPN, on the numerous tweets and remarks made by supporters on social media sites.

Harry Maguire has even been counseled to refrain from using the internet after matches, so not all of them are encouraging when it comes to him.

This came after the England international's interview where he claimed that he is at the level where he has nothing to prove to anyone about his abilities.

Harry Maguire asserts that he has consistently shown that he deserves at the highest level, and also implied that he has been used as a scapegoat for United's disappointing performance last season.



“For England, yes, I do [feel appreciated],” Maguire said.

"Obviously, last season was difficult for the club but listen, I’ve proven myself to Gareth, who works with a wide range of centre-backs. He has the choice of all the English centre-backs in the country and every time I’m available, I’ve been in the team. I’m sure if you ask the rest of the lads they know what I bring to the team."


“I feel like I’m nearly 30 years old but I shouldn’t really need to prove myself at this level. I’ve made over 50 caps," he continued.


"I’m England’s top-scoring defender. I’ve played nearly 200 times for Manchester United. I’ve captained the club for three years now but I do also understand that when you are the captain of Manchester United you do come under the most amount of scrutiny."


"Last season at club level, my performance wasn’t good enough. Alongside everybody else at club level, not just myself.”


Although Harry Maguire's name was frequently chanted by England's traveling crowd in Naples, England Coach Gareth Southgate was criticized for continuing to select him despite the fact that he wasn't appearing in every club game. In defense of himself, Maguire noted that Manchester United's results haven't really suffered because of his appearance.

“I know people obviously look at me not playing but when I’ve played, I think in my last eight or nine starts for Manchester United we have won,” he said.

“I can’t remember losing a game for Manchester United, it must be the third week of the season. It’s probably my last appearance where I’ve lost the game. So my influence is still there. But of course, I love playing for my country and in 50-odd caps I feel like I’ve never let my country down.”


Social media is rife with criticism of Maguire, including memes about his errors on the pitch and politics in the locker room.

The 30-year-old spent most of 2022–23 on the sidelines after failing to displace Raphael Varane from the starting lineup. Maguire has only appeared on the field 11 times in the Premier League this year, raising questions about his status.




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post