Amad Diallo set for new contract as he's set for new role at Man United

After Amad's productive loan stint at Sunderland, Manchester United is apparently getting ready to extend him a new deal. The Ivorian had a successful season while on loan at Sunderland, where he was a key player in the Black Cats' first season back in the Championship Playoffs.


A fan favorite after making 42 appearances across all competitions and finishing the season as Sunderland's top scorer with 14 goals, he sent an emotional farewell letter to the team's supporters following Tuesday night's play-off semi-final loss at Luton Town. 

He has returned back to Old Trafford, where manager Erik ten Hag has said he will be a part of the Red Devils' preseason plans so that he may participate and be watched closely.

Facundo Pellistri, a young player from Uruguay, and Amad are both thought to have bright careers at Manchester United, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano. “Amad Diallo's biggest dream is to get a chance in Man United's first team,” Romano said on his YouTube channel.

"The idea of Erik ten Hag is to test Diallo in the pre-season tour after a successful loan spell at Sunderland. United will have discussions with Diallo's representatives in the coming months over a new deal."

"They want to guarantee both players a long-term contract and be a part of the Man United project."

Amad revealed his goals after returning to United, but he still has one eye on the future. He told FourFourTwo: "I haven't played at my best for them [United] yet, but I hope I can come back next season and show my skill. My ultimate goal is to play regularly for Manchester United."

"I haven’t shown my best for them yet, but I hope next season I can return and prove my talent," he added. "My dream is to play regular football at Manchester United. I know [my transfer] was a lot of money, but I didn’t really think about that."

"There’s no reason to worry about things you can’t influence. I was so happy to sign for Manchester United: it’s a club with a massive history, famous all around the world."

"I remember my first training session after I joined: I was very nervous; there were some huge stars in the dressing room and I was looking around thinking, ‘Wow, I can’t believe I’m here’."

Amad joined Manchester United in January 2021 from Italian Serie A team Atalanta for a cost that might reach £35 million, but he has only played in nine matches for the Red Devils thus far.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post