(Video) Casemiro's interview with Panenka magazine goes viral after second red card as a Man United's player

Following Casemiro's second red card of the season and in a Manchester United shirt, enraged fans have revisited his side interview with Panenka magazine from February 2022, where he explained his playing style but stressed he has never had any hidden intentions with his intensified aggressive style.
 

Manchester United have accepted Anthony Taylor's decision to send off the Brazilian following his rash tackle on Southampton's Carlos Alcaraz. In an official statement released on the club's website, it was announced that the club has ruled out any attempt to appeal against the match official's decision.
 

However, the video of Casemiro's interview with Panenka magazine has hit the internet. It appears to be the best option to defend the midfielder's action, which could be deemed unintentional.
 

Speaking in the interview, Casemiro said: "The referee, the fans—I think the key to all this is that they also see there is no malice," Casemiro explained.
 
"I always try to get the ball." I always go strong because that is who I am, and I like the intensity that I play with, but there is no malice. "I have never gone with studs to hurt a player, and, vice versa, if someone is going to hurt a player, I get angry because that is not football."
 

"In football, you can foul, and fouls are part of the game." But never with malice, and I think it comes from my values, which my mother taught me. And I'm never going to hurt a player. I am never going to insult a player. "I am never going to do anything wrong."
 

"Of course, being on the field, you can stir up a player; that is normal, and it will always happen because each one defends their badge." "But the values that my mother taught me are never to hurt anyone."
 

"I think I am going to keep fouling and receiving cards because that is football, but I believe that the values my mother taught me are to never hurt anyone."
 

Casemiro was overwhelmed with emotions after he received his matching orders from Anthony Taylor on Sunday and had to be consoled by his teammates before heading for an early shower in the dressing room.
 

Manchester United's manager is also not happy with Anthony Taylor's decision and questioned the match day officials' consistency after the Red Devils saw a penalty shout turned down twice by Anthony Taylor.
 

"It is inconsistent," he said after Sunday's match with the Saints. "The referees are coming at the start of the season with a policy: we are the Premier League, we want intensity, and Casemiro, across European games, over 500, has never had a red card but now, twice. "He plays tough, but he’s fair."
 

"Same as against Crystal Palace, so it’s very debatable. When you freeze it [Sunday’s challenge], it looks bad. Everyone who knows something about football knows what is bad and what is fair, and Casemiro is a fair player. tough but fair, and it shows over 500 games in the big leagues and he was never sent off. He’s disappointed."
 

Manchester United will he without Casemiro in their next four domestic fixtures including Emirates FA Cup clash with Fulham but will feature in their return leg of the Europa League round of 16 on Thursday.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post